May 7, 2010

Pac-10 Hockey? Anyone?

The Straight Edge: California ripe for Div. I NCAA hockey
“The first college or university in California (to add hockey) will have an immediate pool of recruits to draw from,” [Paul Kelly] said. “Within a very short period of time, you could be competing for a national title.”
This makes me happy - for many reasons. One, I love the idea of Pac-10 hockey. And believe you me, if the California schools add it, then the Washington schools will, and so on. Two, I love the fact that sunny and warm California is such a hockey hot bed. It gives me spiteful joy. It's always annoyed me that traditionalists think that only places where it snow regularly should have hockey - when the fact is that 99% of all hockey is played on an indoor rink. Three, there just needs to be more college hockey overall. And four...well, I can keep going on, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment