September 1, 2009

My Other Hockey Blog....

I haven't been posting much of anything anywhere lately. I haven't had a lot of motivation to write. Not for any particular reason, it's just one of those phases. I'm sure that'll change next week when the buildup to NHL camps starts up in earnest. We'll see how that goes, tho.

I should at least be making more of a concerted effort on my other blog, however. Part of the problem with that is that Raw Charge is so public. I mean, 10 hours of my day is dedicated to work (including commuting). I could post things up while work on that blog, technically, but I'd rather not. And that really handcuffs me when it comes to writing.

Currently, content from that blog is published, linked, or syndicated by Yahoo Sports, Google News, the NHL, USA Today, Sports Illustrated's FanNation, CBS SportsLine, and some random small aggregators. And since we also have a Twitter account for the blog, links to our content go out on Twitter as well. So I'd rather not have my boss checking out sports pages and accidentally running across my stuff noticing that the time stamp for it being published was during work hours. I'm funny that way.

Of course, I have a separate Twitter account. I only plan on using the Raw Charge Twitter for when I go to games - assuming I remember to do that, of course. When I go to games, I'm usually focused on the game, so any random stuff like picture-taking and twittering don't really enter into my head. Anyways, my personal Twitter is more for me to keep up on hockey headlines and news than anything else.

I don't feel too bad about not posting anything up on my other blog as much, tho. The reason being is that about half of the stuff my co-blogger John puts up are things I've thrown his way or have edited or touched in some fashion. Many of the posts are really collaborations. But only one person can post it, and that's usually him - so he gets the credit for it. Not that it matters, really.

The topic I'd like to blog about today is the NHLPA firing Paul Kelly, but I just don't know enough about it to really write an educated opinion. But from the outside looking in, it looks like a seriously bad move. The players need to think about this kind of thing logically instead of emotionally. Otherwise, we're almost certainly heading for another lockout. And if that happens, this one is going to be ugly. Not from a player/owner perspective, but from a fan perspective. Good luck with selling tickets after that.

NHLPA fires Kelly: Picking through the rubble

No comments:

Post a Comment