July 20, 2009

Women In Sports Journalism

Assault on Erin Andrews' privacy scary for all female journalists
"Now that Andrews is a victim of this crime, why would a woman want to follow her on camera? That's not the sort of thing that ESPN co-workers Chris Berman or Stuart Scott have to worry about."
Here's something that male journalists and bloggers don't have to think about, but female journalists and bloggers do. And yes, that would include me. It's one of the reasons I'm not entirely sure I want to do face-to-face interviews with hockey players - or even be anywhere near the locker room with them in it. Not because I'm a prude, but because of things like this. I don't want to be targeted for any reason. I would think that most NHLers would be respectful, but there's always bound to be a couple of bad apples in every barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment