July 21, 2009

Re-Drafting the NHL

Over at Cycle like the Sedins, they've decided that we need to liven up this offseason with a fantasy draft. It's not just any fantasy draft - the whole league is game, and possibly the KHL as well, and we're reconfiguring the NHL to our satisfaction. And I'm the designated GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

So, who should I pick for my first overall player? I have the #3 spot. Do I go with the predictable and take Vincent Lecavalier? Or do I take someone like Alexander Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby instead? Youth or veteran talent? Anyone have any opinions on this? Keep in mind that I have a salary cap of $57 million to work with here - no floor as of yet, tho.

Decisions, decisions! Oh, and if any NHLers happen to stumble across this page, please don't be offended if I don't choose you. It's nothing against your abilities, it's just that your style of play may or may not fit in with what I think I want to do.

Now, the real question is, do I start with a goalie, a forward, or a defenseman? Each has their appeal. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment