May 28, 2009

The Vinny Question

Vinny...Should He Stay Or Should He Go? The Answer Is...

You know, I've written a lot about this. And this is one of the better posts I've seen on the topic. But I've sort of felt like people might think that I'm a hater, which is so far from the truth that it isn't even funny.

So the deal behind that is that I think he can do better than the situation in Tampa. In fact, I think Lecavalier should ask for a trade just to get clear of that disaster - but, of course, he wouldn't ever do anything direct like that. Sill, he deserves better than to be stuck on a team that's very poorly managed and probably won't be turning things around any time soon. This coming season will probably be more of the same as last year, I think.

It's all well and good to stick with a team thru both the good times and the bad, but you've also got to know when to throw in the towel and move on, too.

4 comments:

  1. In addition to Vinny getting out of Tampa for himself, if the right hockey deal could be made, it may be the right choice for the Lightning.

    By the way, I like the change of layout to this one better than the last :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah, i just couldn't make the other template work. so, on to something that does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Van, like I say in the NHL Shout post, the entire problem is WHO is in charge of making the deal when it comes to trying to gauge the return for Lecavalier.

    Odds are, their idea of worth is greatly different from others. I mean, after all? They've dealt so many pieces for virtually nothing. They'd sooner go for a flavor-of-the-month for Vinny, which they would later trade for another flavor of the month by mid-season.

    A happy little merry-go-round that never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no doubt. I think maybe I should have capitalized IF. The management is so retarded that in the end it will end up like the Joe Thornton trade from Boston to San Jose, or from recent memory, the crap trade of Boyle for what ended up being Welch or whoever (there is still much anger). I can only envision that they will somehow screw up the 2nd draft pick this year.

    It is not like Vinny has openly asked to be traded so the correct move would be to not trade him. Trading him should be done only if the owners really can't afford his contract. If they aren't able to spend much above the floor of the salary cap, then having a contract like Vinny's will not let the team to be competitive.

    ReplyDelete