March 12, 2009

Tampa Bay Game 68: at Toronto

The Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-1.

I think I'm going to keep this short and stick to the facts because apparently, I'm not all here right now. I watched this game, and I have to say that there wasn't a lot going on, neither team looked all that motivated, and the game itself really didn't move me. Then I looked at the stats and was wondering how I missed something like the Lightning getting 16 shots in the second period.

In my defense, I will say that the yo-yoing temperatures here in Virginia are dragging me down. It was 80ºF (27ºC) yesterday, and it's supposed to snow tonight. I'm physically (and probably mentally) exhausted from it. I'd consider moving - again - but I suppose I really can't. This is normal here for this time of year. Yuck.

Anywho, like I'd said, the Lightning had a 16-shot second period. They actually out shot the Leafs 30-21. Is that the first time I've typed something like that all season? That the Lightning have actually out shot a team? If I have, it's been few and far between this season.

They were great, as usual, with faceoffs. The power play was alright, converting one of four. And goaltending was great. However, Ramo is still giving up some big rebounds.

The interesting part of the game was at the end. When was the last time a coach was ejected from an NHL game? Ron Wilson, coach of the Leafs, was told to leave the game with a minute or two left on the clock after complaining to the officials about the calls they made. Now, I've seen coaches get pretty heated over calls, and Wilson didn't seem to be that upset. So you've got to wonder what was said for Wilson to earn that.

No comments:

Post a Comment