March 6, 2009

Tampa Bay Game 65: vs St. Louis

The Tampa Bay Lightning lost in overtime to the St. Louis Blues 4-3.

I didn't get to watch this, unfortunately, but I did listen to it. It sounded like they came out and played hard for most of the game. And it also sounded like Welch had a good first game as a Lightning, too.

I had a hard time trying to track down a box score. I'm not sure what the story is with that. Seems like the hockey gods are trying to make my life more difficult than it needs to be with this blog thing tonight. But, I persevered and found a box score, despite my troubles - as incomplete as it may be. (There aren't any power play statistics, the weasels.)

The shots were still a little high, but not too bad. The Lightning still need to shoot the puck more, tho. What else is new, right?

Stamkos seemed to have had another good night. And St. Louis seemed to have picked things up during the last half of the game. Each of them had a goal, and Pettinger had one as well. And Ramo obviously played well - well enough to get the team into overtime, anyways.

There are back-to-back home games, so more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment