February 12, 2009

Montréal's sinking ship

Be honest: It would be hilarious if Montreal missed the playoffs

"...the Habs were my Stanley Cup pick this year, not only because they impressed the hell out of me last year but because I'm a sucker for storybook B.S. like winning in the centennial season."

I never bought into that. Why should the 100th-year anniversary of the club mean they'll win it all? Some people have been watching far too many Disney movies, I think.

No - I think San Jose will win it all. And I've thought that since the beginning of the season. I think Washington will probably make it to the Finals in the East - but I didn't think that at the beginning of the season. I've been hoping Boyle wins the Norris, too, since that would be poetic justice.

Can you tell that I don't really care for Len Barrie?

Yes, I can be a spiteful witch, but I save that behavior only for special occasions. Most of the time, it's just not worth it. Emotionally satisfying, of course, but in the long run it doesn't usually help anything.

By the way, speaking of being spiteful and hockey, I also think that if Lecavalier gets traded by July 1st when his extension kicks in - whether or not it's before the trade deadline - he ought to consider renegotiating his contract with his new team. I don't know the specifics of the contract extension, so I don't know if that's even possible. But it's just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment